Thursday, July 14

Chocolate Covered Donut Cupcakes

My initial plan was to make a coffee flavored cake and top with a glazed donut, thought it would make a nice birthday cake for a cop :)  Anyway, I decided most people (i mean kids) are not fans of coffee and since I would be surrounded with children this week, may as well make something kid friendly.

Start with baking a rich, chocolate cake. I used a one bowl recipe and added some espresso to enhance the cocoa.


Ice with a light vanilla buttercream, I used a wide tube to pipe a ring on each cake


I felt like it needed more, I would have gone for mini chocolate chips but I was out, so I settled for chocolate sprinkles (i have no idea why this picture won't flip)


And finally, top with a mini chocolate donut


I love my new cupcake tote, as well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment