Tuesday, May 15

Banana Pineapple Bread

I swear I am done with bananas for a while now :)

I was going to use a faithful Paula Deen Banana Bread recipe, then I remembered there was a Disney World Banana Bread recipe...turns out they were the same...then I thought 'hmm, I wonder if I could make this into a Hummingbird sort of loaf' and enter the pineapple!  I debated on the coconut, maybe next time





and Finished (this recipe does produce a darker bread, the hole is from me poking it with a fork)





Banana Pineapple Bread         makes 2 loaves

* 1 cup butter, melted
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 cups sugar
* 3 cups flour
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons water
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 24 medium ripe and mashed bananas
* 8-10 oz crushed pineapples, drained  (smaller cans are 8 oz, i had a 20oz can so I split it in half, obviously)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease two loaf pans (i even grease my silicon, whatever)

 Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon, set aside.
Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one.
Add water and butter.
Add bananas, vanilla and pineapple — Mix well.
Fold in flour mixture until well incorporated.
Grease 2 loaf pans and divide batter equally between the 2 pans.
Bake for 60-65 minutes or until center of loaf is firm and a toothpick inserted to the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment